Monday, October 27, 2014

A day in NE Wisconsin, painting with friends..

Had intended to take off o dark early this morning, 3-1/2 hours to where I have my RV set up...as this is the time of the deer rut...but, got an invite to paint with friends.  Not too often this far north in the national forest of NE Wisconsin I get to paint with friends, so...decided to put the travel off a day.

Glad I did...what fun.  We painted at our artist/friend's buffalo farm...and an offroad access that aligned the penned in herd caught my eye straight away...

11"x 14" oil on Raymar panel...














then...set up behind the barn looking east, about 3:30pm..so this time of year about 2 hours of light left.  Really liked the abstract quality of a cropped view, and the light reflecting off the metal roof...

11"x 14" oil on Raymar panel...















I started both panels with a brownish tonal wash, then used a cloth to wipe out and scuplt and anchor form.  The access road was a modified Zorn palette...and left over paint I used to drive the second painting as a pigment soup palette...

as always..click on images to bring up larger view...

No comments: